AW: Focus Groups

Ruth Wodak Ruth.Wodak at OEAW.AC.AT
Sun Aug 4 14:05:06 UTC 2002

Dear Lia,
we have worked a lot with focus groups.
Puur work is published - inter alia - in "The discursive Construction of
National Identity", EUP 1999.
Best
Ruth

Wittgenstein Forschungsschwerpunkt"Diskurs, Politik, Identität"
Österreichische Akademie der Wissenschaften
Research Center "Discourse, Politics, Identity"
Austrian Academy of Sciences

Strohgasse 45
1030 Vienna , Austria
Tel: xx43-1-7102510-6206

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Gender and Language Association
[mailto:GALA-L at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG]Im Auftrag von Litosseliti Lia
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 31. Juli 2002 20:22
An: GALA-L at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Betreff: Focus Groups

Dear colleagues

I am working on a small book as part of a research methods series, on the
topic of focus group methodology in the social sciences. If you know of
others with some experience of this methodology, I would appreciate it if
you could forward this message to them. In order to get an idea of people's
experience, reservations, and approaches to focus groups, I am asking those
with some knowledge of this methodology to complete a brief two-page
questionnaire. All feedback will be cited and acknowledged.

To see the questionnaire, click on
http://www.rapidinnovation.co.uk/lia.litosseliti/

I am especially interested to hear about non-conventional focus groups in
any area of the social sciences, and about focus group research in
disciplines where it is not commonly applied (for example, in language/
linguistics, feminist research, education).

Feel free to e-mail me with ideas and suggestions. Thank you for your help.

Best wishes

Lia

Dr Lia Litosseliti
S.C.A.L.E.