AW: seeking references on being ignored

Ruth Wodak Ruth.Wodak at OEAW.AC.AT
Tue Aug 27 08:28:54 UTC 2002

Hallo Mary,
Luisa Rojo-Martin (Madrid) did a great study on Managers and professional
women and studied such phenomena. One of her papers is in Folia Linguistica
2001, Special Issue edited by myself.
best
Ruth

Wittgenstein Forschungsschwerpunkt"Diskurs, Politik, Identität"
Österreichische Akademie der Wissenschaften
Research Center "Discourse, Politics, Identity"
Austrian Academy of Sciences

Strohgasse 45
1030 Vienna , Austria
Tel: xx43-1-7102510-6206

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: International Gender and Language Association
[mailto:GALA-L at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG]Im Auftrag von troutma1 at MSU.EDU
Gesendet: Dienstag, 27. August 2002 09:15
An: GALA-L at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Betreff: Re: seeking references on being ignored

Hello Mary,

I am sure you have already considered Edelsky's 'Who's got the floor?'
(1981), but I suggest it here, just in case. Also, how about using general
texts, such as Suzanne Romaine's _Communicating Gender_ (1999), for the
broad
perspective on the topic and then checking the bib of the general texts for
more specific references?

Denise Troutman