inquiry: words for grandmother

Mary Bucholtz bucholtz at LINGUISTICS.UCSB.EDU
Mon Dec 2 01:10:22 UTC 2002

Can anyone help this person? **Please reply directly to Alayne Moody
<alayne at myrealbox.com>, since she's not subscribed to the list.**
-------

I am helping to produce a series of documentaries about grandmothers for a
public radio station in Boston. The series will air during National Women's
Awareness Month in March.

I've been trying (without much success) to find a linguistic anthropologist
to comment on the words that mean grandmother. Specifically, we'd like to
know whether the way people refer to their grandmothers has meaning from a
cultural or evolutionary standpoint.

I appreciate any information you can provide. If you would like more
information about the project please let me know by return email or
telephone (800) 573-2100

Thank you,

Alayne Moody
WUMB Folk Radio