voting

Trechter, Sara strechter at CSUCHICO.EDU
Thu May 2 00:04:57 UTC 2002

 <<IGALAbylaws.doc>>
1) The IGALA Executive Committee and the Advisory Council have incorporated
several changes to the bylaws. These were suggested at the business meeting
at IGALA2. We are now beginning the vote on whether to accept the bylaws.
If you are a member of IGALA, please send your vote: YES=accept and
NO=reject to the current secretary of IGALA--Sara Trechter
(strechter at csuchico.edu) and to the current president--Penny Eckert
(eckert at csli.stanford.edu). Please do not respond to this message or send
your vote to the entire list.

2)  We are also calling for nominations for the 2-year elected positions on
the Executive Committee.  The nomination period will last for 4 weeks, and
all nomination should also be sent to both the secretary and president.
Please nominate yourself or others for the positions below:

a.  President-elect (a 2-year term. Upon termination, the president elect
becomes president)
b.  Secretary (a 2-year term)

If you have not yet joined, and wish to participate in the voting and
nominating process, please go to the IGALA website and follow the links for
"Joining IGALA":  http://www.stanford.edu/group/igala/contact.html

Dr. Sara Trechter, Assoc Professor
English/Linguistics, CSU, Chico
Chico, CA 95929-0830