looking for references on lies, lying, telling lies

Mary Bucholtz bucholtz at LINGUISTICS.UCSB.EDU
Mon Sep 16 16:54:47 UTC 2002

May,

Eve Sweetser has an article on lying from a lexical semantic perspective in
Dorothy Holland and Naomi Quinn's book Cultural Models in Language and
Thought.

Hope this helps,

Mary

--On Monday, September 9, 2002 8:55 PM +0000 arelanop at UCSD.EDU wrote:

> Dear all,
> I have been recently asked about bibliography on lies from any academic
> perspective. I would very much like to help this friend of mine. Any
> references on the issue of lying, telling lies, lies in general will be
> very much welcome. All the best,
>
> May Relano-Pastor
> University of Granada
> (Spain)