forward: position in gender studies

Mary Bucholtz bucholtz at LINGUISTICS.UCSB.EDU
Mon Jul 28 23:04:46 UTC 2003

Please do not reply to me or to the list; I'm forwarding this message on
behalf of a nonsubscriber.
---------------

Critical Perspectives on Sexuality
Tenure Track Position
Critical Gender Studies & Ethnic Studies
at University of California, San Diego

The Program in Critical Gender Studies
(http://weber.ucsd.edu/departments/critical-gender/) and the Ethnic Studies
Department (http://www.ethnicstudies.ucsd..edu/) at the University of
California, San Diego invite applications for a joint appointment at the
assistant or associate professor level. We encourage applications from
scholars in any social science discipline or interdisciplinary program
whose work provides critical perspectives on the intersections of
sexuality, ethnicity and race. We are especially interested in candidates
whose scholarship is also attentive to issues of gender working on topics
such as immigration, diasporas, demography, genocide, war and conquest,
space, sexual geographies, popular and visual cultures.  Researchers in the
fields of Lesbian and Gay Studies, Queer Studies, American Studies, and
Cultural Studies are encouraged to apply.

Applications will be accepted until October 20, 2003 or until filled, for
start date of 1 July 2004. Salary commensurate with level of appointment
and based on UC pay scales. Candidates should send letter of application,
CV, sample publications, and three recommendation letters sent directly by
referees to: Prof. Yen Espiritu, Chair, CGS/ES Search Committee, Department
of Ethnic Studies, MC 0522, UCSD, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA
92093-0522. UCSD is an EO/AA employer with a strong commitment to the
achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff.

Mary Bucholtz
Department of Linguistics
3607 South Hall
University of California