forward: job announcement in language and gender

Mary Bucholtz bucholtz at LINGUISTICS.UCSB.EDU
Mon Jun 9 22:45:48 UTC 2003

Please don't reply to me! I'm posting an announcement I saw on another list.

Mary
Northern Illinois University
Visiting Assistant Professor
Linguistics

The Department of English at Northern Illinois University invites
applications for a 9-month position as a visiting assistant professor,
effective 16 August 2003. Qualifications: Ph.D. in linguistics or related
discipline and teaching experience preferred. The successful candidate will
teach undergraduate courses in traditional English grammar, language and
gender, and introductory linguistics with the possibility of teaching a
graduate course in research methods. Deadline: review of complete
applications will begin on 1 July 2003; however, applications will be
accepted until position is filled.  Please submit a cover letter, curriculum
vitae, and the names and contact information for three referees to: Dr.
Heather Hardy, Chair, Department of English, Northern Illinois University,
DeKalb, IL, 60115.  Northern Illinois University is an equal opportunity
institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, age, marital status, national origin, disability, or status as a
disabled or Vietnam-era veteran. The Constitution and Bylaws of Northern
Illinois University afford equal treatment regardless of political views or
affiliation, and sexual orientation. NIU recognizes Dual Career issues.
AA/EEOE.

For further information on NIU and the Department of English, please visit
our website at www.engl.niu.edu.

Mary Bucholtz
Department of Linguistics
3607 South Hall