"Men Are From Earth, and So Are Women"

Scott F. Kiesling kiesling at PITT.EDU
Mon Aug 30 16:14:52 UTC 2004

Thanks Alice-

I got this just as I went to head off for my first language and gender
class! It was a great way to begin to let the students know I would *not*
be telling them what the differences are between men and women's speech.

BTW, good discussions along these lines for biological similarities are in
two books by Robert W. Connell:

Chapter 2 of "Gender and Power," (1987; Stanford U.) and Chapter 3 of
"Gender" (2002; Polity Press).

SFK

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 at 10:21am, the following was brought forth by Alice F....:

--
Scott F. Kiesling

Assistant Professor
Department of Linguistics
University of Pittsburgh

2816 Cathedral of Learning     Phone: 1-412-624-5916
Pittsburgh, PA 15217 USA       Fax: 1-412-624-6130

kiesling at pitt.edu
http://www.pitt.edu/~kiesling/skpage.html
http://www.linguistics.pitt.edu