inquiry about flirtatious language

Mary Bucholtz bucholtz at LINGUISTICS.UCSB.EDU
Wed Feb 4 17:39:28 UTC 2004

Does anyone have suggestions for this student? Please email me directly and
I'll pass on the information to her.

Thanks very much,

Mary

I am a student from Germany who studies Anglistics. Within a linguistic
course I want to go deeper into the field of language and flirtation. Is
there any material about how males tease (in a friendly way) women in order
to flirt with them (they enjoy the teasing and complain but insinuating that
they should go on). I want to analyse an (informal) mixed-gender
conversation. A theoretical background would be a great support for me.
Thank you very much for your efforts!!!

kind regards

Sönke Bussenius

Mary Bucholtz