bibliographic inquiry

Sally McConnell-Ginet smg9 at CORNELL.EDU
Sat Feb 14 02:35:24 UTC 2004

A colleague from Ithaca College, Kirsten Fudeman
(kfudeman at ithaca.edu), is working on some medieval French and Hebrew
texts from communities in which French was the general language and
Hebrew was restricted to men.  She would be interested in references
on the gendering of access to prestige languages in such diglossic
situations.  I can offer some suggestions to her but tho't that some
of you on the list would have access to much more extensive
bibliographies on this topic.  Please reply to me or directly to her.
Thanks a lot.
--
Sally McConnell-Ginet
Professor of Linguistics