non-verbal communication among women

Andrea Jacobs amjacobs at DCA.NET
Wed Feb 18 21:10:37 UTC 2004

I am looking for references about non-verbal communication between
women, particularly the use of eye contact between friends in public
spaces to convey attitudes towards others present.  I remember hearing
about an article on eye contact as verbal communication between young
African American women - "cutting" I think was the label for the
gesture.  I know an undergraduate student who is interested in looking
at this form of non-verbal communication among her peers and I was
hoping to find some references.

You can respond directly to me or via the list.

thanks,

Andrea Jacobs
University of Texas at Austin