CALL FOR NOMINATIONS: Executive and Advisory Committee

Miriam Meyerhoff Miriam.Meyerhoff at ED.AC.UK
Tue Mar 23 21:53:37 UTC 2004

Dear IGALA members,

The terms of several of the officers in the IGALA Executive and Advisory Council are
coming to a close and we need to replace them. We would like to have elections to
fill the positions before the June IGALA 3 conference at Cornell University, so that
new Executive and Advisory Council members can meet at the conference. The
terms of office for the new members of the Executive and Advisory Committee will
officially start on 1 July 2004.

Positions on the Executive are for a period of two (2) years. After two years, the Vice-
President/President-elect takes over as President.

Positions on the Advisory Council are for a period of three (3) years.

Nominations for IGALA Executive and Advisory Committee

I am writing to ask you to send me nominations for the following positions. As
Secretary, I will contact nominees and ask them if they are willing to stand for office.
If they are, I will ask them to provide a statement about what they will bring to service
on IGALA so that members can consider this when they vote. I will then post these
statements publicly on the list and call for votes in an election.

IGALA IS NOW ACCEPTING NOMINATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS.
NOMINATIONS WILL CLOSE ON FRIDAY 23 APRIL 2004.

(Please send your nominations directly to me <Miriam.Meyerhoff at ed.ac.uk>, not the
whole list.)

Executive positions:

Vice-President (and President-elect)
Secretary

Advisory Council positions:

Five (5) elected positions on the Advisory Council are open for nominations.