global perspectives distance learning course

Patty Davies patty at CRUZIO.COM
Tue Feb 15 21:50:35 UTC 2005

Hi Eric - I had a chance to check out the site -- I think right now that
this would not work for me, ie., I am happy with my research filing system
and how I find things, etc.  I did read under the caveats "People who
*shouldn't* use this product" and it mentions "Students who want
academic-style citations to the material they’ve found. They should use the
Standard Edition, which (like the Professional Edition) automatically
generates bibliographies in MLA, APA or Chicago styles."  Now, this feature
sounds interesting to me:  I have been working on a sociolinguistic
booklist for quite a while plus a couple projects in which I have compiled
an annotated bibliography where this would help me.   So, I may like the
$80 or $130 versions of the product.  Except I wasn't in the market for
buying a product.......

I also was hesitant to download, even for free.  It might be OK software,
just that I don't want to start playing with it and suck up a lot of time.

Patty