Area CFP: Arab Culture in the U.S.

ahmed aljuboori ahmedthanoon69 at YAHOO.COM
Sun Oct 16 08:10:26 UTC 2005

Dear Sir
Thank very much for this nice and kind email. I read some of your aspects and I found that you have a scope about gender . I am  still preparing a research on gender or sexim if it is within the scope of your conference I would be happy to participate.Your eforts are highly apprciated.

Sincerely
Ahmed M. Salih
M. A. in Linguistics
Memeber of the teaching staff
University of Tikrit
College of Education
Iraq

Lutfi M Hussein <lutfi_hussein at YAHOO.COM> wrote:
Hi,

I am sending this as a reminder. So please forgive the duplicate.

Best wishes,
Lutfi M Hussein
-----------

Area CFP: Arab Culture in the U.S.

Southwest/Texas Popular Culture Association & American Culture Association
The 27th Annual Conference
February 8-11, 2006
http://www.h-net.org/~swpca/

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Hyatt Regency Albuquerque
http://albuquerque.hyatt.com/property/index.jhtml

Proposals for panels and individual papers are now being accepted for the
new Area, Arab Culture in the U.S. Here is a possible but not exhaustive
list of topics. Other themes/topics are encouraged and welcome.

• Arabs in American media.
• Arab film in the U.S.
• Arab drama, poetry, and prose in the U.S.
• Arab music and dance in the U.S.
• Arab immigration to the U.S.
• Arabs in the U.S. after the 9/11 attacks.
• Arab political, religious, ethnic, linguistic, and sexual identity in
the U.S.

Please send an abstract of 250 words, saved in RTF, with relevant
audio/visual requests by November 1, 2005, to Lutfi M. Hussein at the
e-mail or physical address below. Panel ideas should include one abstract
of 200 words describing the panel, accompanied by the underlying abstracts
of 250 words of the individual papers that form the panel.

Lutfi M. Hussein
Area Chair, Arab Culture in the U.S.
Department of English and Humanities
Mesa Community College, Mesa, AZ 85202
Phone: +1.480.461.7367
Fax: +1.480.461.7644
E-mail: Lutfi_hussein at yahoo.com
Homepage: http://www.public.asu.edu/~lhussein/

Graduate students are particularly encouraged to participate in the
Conference. See the list of awards available to them:
http://www.h-net.org/~swpca/Awards/awards.htm

More information regarding the conference (listing of all areas,
registration, hotel, travel, etc.) can be found here: http://www.h-net.org/~swpca/