Ethnic Studies at UCSD seeks scholar in CRITICAL GENDER STUDIES (fwd)

Mary Bucholtz bucholtz at LINGUISTICS.UCSB.EDU
Fri Sep 23 01:56:06 UTC 2005

I'm forwarding this for Ana Celia Zentella. Please address any questions to
her.

Mary
---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Date: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 12:13 PM -0700
From: ana celia zentella <zentella at ucsd.edu>
To: GALA-L-request at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Subject: Ethnic Studies at UCSD seeks scholar in CRITICAL GENDER STUDIES

Could you please forward this job search announcement
to the GALA-L membership? Applicants with a language
focus are welcome. AC Zentella

The Ethnic Studies Department and the Program in
> Critical Gender Studies at the University of
California, San Diego, invite
> applications for a joint post at the assistant or
associate professor
> level. We seek a scholar whose work provides
critical perspectives on the
> intersections of sexuality, gender, ethnicity,
and/or race through such
> topics as immigration, diasporas, sexual
geographies, and war, conquest
> and genocide. Applicants in any social science or
humanities discipline,
> particularly in Queer Studies, popular and visual
cultures, and
> quantitative methods are encouraged to apply. For
Associate level
> appointment, a superior record of publication and
research, teaching
> excellence, and public service are required. Send a
resume, sample
> publications of no more than 50 pages, and contact
information for three
> referees to Prof. Ramon A. Gutierrez, Ethnic
Studies, 0522, UCSD, La
> Jolla, CA 92093-0522. Review of applications will
begin on November 15,
> 2005, and continue until filled, for a July 1, 2006
appointment. Level of
> appointment will be commensurate with qualifications
and experience.
> Salary will be based on published UC pay scales.
UCSD is an EO/AA employer
> with a strong institutional commitment to excellence
through diversity.

--
______________________________________
Professor Ana Celia Zentella