Seminar in Liverpool, UK, on the teaching of language and gender

Jane j.sunderland at LANCS.AC.UK
Tue Aug 15 15:53:22 UTC 2006

----------------
The BAAL (British Association of Applied Linguistics) Gender and
Language Special Interest Group is pleased to announce that registration
is now taking place for the one-day seminar on the 15th of September
2006 to be held at Liverpool Hope University.

The purpose of this event is to address contemporary issues in the way
language, gender and sexuality is taught in Further and Higher
education.

**Our guest speaker is Deborah Cameron**

Invited speakers will lead some of the sessions and there will be
individual paper presentations as well as group discussion.

There will also be a panel of writers of language and gender textbooks
including Jane Sunderland, Joan Swann and Mary Talbot.

We have kept registration costs as low as possible - £30 (which includes
lunch).

Please click on the link below to access the registration form

<http://www.hope.ac.uk/artsandhumanities/hopepark/EnglishLanguage/langua
gegender>
http://www.hope.ac.uk/artsandhumanities/hopepark/EnglishLanguage/languag
egender

Further information regarding the structure of the seminar will be
posted in due course. The closing date for registration is Friday 1st
September, 2006 Registration forms should be sent to landya at hope.ac.uk

Please address any enquiries, including about payment in non-sterling
currencies,  to Dr. Linda McLoughlin
(siglanggender at hope.ac.uk)

14/08/2006