Reminder: IGALA-4 Conference (Valencia 8-10 November 2006)

Bonnie McElhinny bonnie.mcelhinny at UTORONTO.CA
Mon Aug 28 13:53:52 UTC 2006

Thanks so much, and apologies for my delay.  We were trying to get the first
issue of the journal to press--lots of last minute surprises with the first
version.

Abstract on its way!

The second meeting will be a formal one, and open to all.  I believe Janet
Joyce, the editor at Equinox publishing, is planning to contact you about
supplying some money for such a launch party.  I've sent her your email, so
she can follow up with you herself.

Bonnie

on 8/19/06 2:57 PM,     Jose.Santaemilia at UV.ES at     Jose.Santaemilia at UV.ES
wrote:

> Bonnie,
> In fact, the whole reviewing process is already finished. However,
> send us your proposal (asap) and we'll let you know soon.
> I'll try to squeeze the two meetings into the conference -shall I
> assume that the second meeting is a formal one? (I mean, open for
> the academic community? intended for everyone at IGALA? etc.)
>
> Looking forward to meeting you in Valencia,
>
> José
>
>> Jose,
>>
>> I realize I've missed the abstract deadline for the conference.
> Is there
>> ANY chance that I can submit a late abstract, or is the process of
> review
>> already well under way?
>>
>> Also, Sara Mills and I are hoping that the first issue of GENDER
> AND
>> LANGUAGE will be available for the conference.  We'd like to
> schedule two
>> meetings, if possible, at the conference:  (a) a meeting with any
> members of
>> the board of editors who are attending (a room for 30 or less) and
> (b) we'd
>> like to explore the possibility of having a meeting celebrating
> the launch
>> of the journal at this meeting. (We can bring IGALA members up-to-
> date on
>> the nitty-gritty of journal at the business meeting.)
>>
>> Best,
>> Bonnie
>>
>> on 7/7/06 4:18 AM,     Jose.Santaemilia at UV.ES at
> Jose.Santaemilia at UV.ES
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Dear IGALA members,
>>> Just a quick reminder - the deadline for the submission of
> abstracts
>>> for the 4th IGALA Conference (Valencia, 8-10 November 2006) is
>>> approaching: July 15th. (Please find attached the last call for
>>> papers)
>>> We look forward to meeting all of you in Valencia very soon, for
> an
>>> enjoyable conference.
>>>
>>> Best wishes,
>>>
>>> José Santaemilia
>>> IGALA-4 CONFERENCE co-ordinator
>>>

>>> --
>>> Dr. José Santaemilia
>>> Departament de Filologia Anglesa i Alemanya,
>>> Universitat de València
>>> Av. Blasco Ibáñez, 32
>>> Valencia-46010
>>> Tel. (34) 96 386 42 62 / (34) 96 398 34 20

Email:  bonnie.mcelhinny at utoronto.ca

Office phone:  416-978-3297

Fax:  416-978-3217