Reminder about journal and membership

Jane j.sunderland at LANCS.AC.UK
Mon Dec 18 17:35:10 UTC 2006

Dear all

I'm writing to remind you about IGALA membership, which I hope you will
all take up, if you haven't done so already. It is not only a case of
'Your IGALA needs you!' (although it does). Membership is also extremely
good value, especially because it includes a subscription to the new
'Gender and Language Journal' (the first issue is just out). The site is

HYPERLINK
"http://www.equinoxpub.com/journals/main.asp?jref=60"http://www.equinoxp
ub.com/journals/main.asp?jref=60

Click on the right for details of subscriptions, which you will see are

Institutional Price: £90.00/$165.00

Individual Price: £35.00/$55.00/€55.00

IGALA Regular Members: £25.00/$45.00/€38.00 Developing World
Institutional Price: £35/$55(USD)

As you can see, it's actually cheaper to subscribe to the journal *and*
be a member than to subscribe alone. If you can persuade your university
or college library to subscribe too, that would be even better.

Once you are a member of IGALA, you will also be able to vote in
elections for the IGALA Executive (the next election will be early in
2007).

GIven that you're reading this, you are a subscriber to the IGALA
Listserv, GALA-L. However, please encourage others to subscribe too
(especially new members, who may have forgotten). In this way they can
keep in touch with the organisation. They should click on

HYPERLINK
"http://www.stanford.edu/group/igala/listservs.html"http://www.stanford.
edu/group/igala/listservs.html

then on 'here' in the GALA-L section, whereupon they'll be asked to
provide details. *All* IGALA members should do this - in this way we can
contact people.

With best wishes and hope to see you in Wellington, NZ, in 2006.

Jane Sunderland (IGALA President)

Jane Sunderland
Director of Studies, PhD in Applied Linguistics by Thesis and Coursework
and New Route PhD
Dept. of Linguistics and English Language
Lancaster University
Lancs. LA1 4YT

HYPERLINK "mailto:j.sunderland at lancs.ac.uk"j.sunderland at lancs.ac.uk

For the new Gender and Language Journal (details and subscriptions), see

HYPERLINK
"http://www.equinoxpub.com/journals/main.asp?jref=60"http://www.equinoxp
ub.com/journals/main.asp?jref=60

17/12/2006