Meyerhoff's work on Vanuatu women

Miriam Meyerhoff mhoff at LING.ED.AC.UK
Thu Feb 9 19:56:59 UTC 2006

Hi Niko,

I think this is the article you're referring to (I wish there were
articleS, but the next one never quite gets started).

Claiming a place: Gender, knowledge and authority as emergent
properties. In Janet Holmes and Miriam Meyerhoff (eds) 2003. Handbook
of Language and Gender. Oxford: Basil Blackwell. 302-326.

I like Lissant Bolton's work better.

chrz, mm

--
Miriam Meyerhoff
Reader, Linguistics & English Language

ph.: +44 131 650-3961/3628 (main office) or 651-1836 (direct line)
fax: +44 131 650-6883

http://www.ling.ed.ac.uk/~mhoff