seeking a French lg and gender textbook

Mary Bucholtz bucholtz at LINGUISTICS.UCSB.EDU
Mon Nov 13 17:48:15 UTC 2006

Dear all,

Welcome back from IGALA--I'm sorry I missed it! Can anyone help the person
below find a French textbook on language and gender? Please email her/him
directly, not the list (s/he's not a subscriber).

Thanks,

Mary

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Date: Sunday, November 12, 2006 9:13 PM -0800
From: Nuning Catur Sri Wilujeng <nuningcatursw at yahoo.com>
To: bucholtz at linguistics.ucsb.edu
Subject: want to ask

dear Mam,

I've found your adresse in the internet when I m browsing to look for some
teaching  materials. Actually I really interested in topics of gender
language, eventhough some people said that those topics are little bit
"demode".
 As I am teaching french language in a university, I  still found that
there are many inequilibrium in language merely about gender.
 Is it possible that I will still find new finding in researching
representation of gender in language through french text book???

Thank for your advises. I really need that
 best regards
 Nuning

Mary Bucholtz, Associate Professor
Department of Linguistics
3607 South Hall
University of California
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-3100
phone: (805) 893-5415
fax: (805) 893-7769
http://www.linguistics.ucsb.edu/faculty/bucholtz/

Office hours Fall 2006: W 10-10:50, Th 2:15-3:15, and by appt.