IGALA-4 conference in Valencia

Jule A (HASS) ajule at GLAM.AC.UK
Sat Oct 21 15:44:07 UTC 2006

Hi Jose,
Laura Lopez will not be presenting in the Gender and the Language of Religion panel on Friday.
Many thanks,
Allyson

Dr. Allyson Jule
Senior Lecturer in Education
University of Glamorgan, Wales
CF37 1DL
United Kingdom
ajule at glam.ac.uk
www.allysonjule.com

-----Original Message-----
From: International Gender and Language Association [mailto:GALA-L at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Jose.Santaemilia at UV.ES
Sent: 10 October 2006 10:37
To: GALA-L at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Subject: IGALA-4 conference in Valencia

Dear IGALA members and colleagues,

Just a few reminders connected with IGALA-4:

-	As you know, the 4th International Gender and Language
Association (IGALA-4) Conference will be held in Valencia, from 8-10 November 2006.
-	The conference website is: http://es.geocities.com/igala4/.
-	Please find attached:
the conference (provisional) programme.
the registration form
IGALA membership fee
-	A few recommendations about hotels in Valencia: Though it is
well indicated on our webpage
(http://es.geocities.com/igala4/accmainenglish.html), this is a short list of hotels and how long (approx) it would take to get to the conference location by walk:
HOTEL VALENCIA PALACE***** (15mins)
HOTEL ASTORIA PALACE**** (15mins)
HOTEL MELIA PLAZA*** (10mins)
HOTEL SILKEN**** (20mins)
HOTEL TRYP OCEANIC**** (rather far: 30mins; taxi recommended).
HOTEL CÓNSUL DEL MAR*** (10mins)
EXPOHOTEL VALENCIA*** (rather far: 30mins; there's an underground line very close. Take L1 (yellow line) at Turia Station and change to the L3 (red line) at Angel Guimera Station up to Facultat Station, the conference location is 100m from there).
HOTEL MELIÀ INGLÉS BOUTIQUE*** (downtown: 15mins) HOTEL VENECIA**(downtown: 15mins)
-	Remember the deadline for early-bird registration will end
on October 15th. From that date onwards registration fees are higher. We will allow a few days for bank transfers to be made from abroad.
-	Registration (as soon as possible) is essential for the
organising committee to prepare the conference final programme, and offer all delegates accurate information.
-	On Friday 10th November, at 11.30 a.m. there will be three
parallel Workshops/Panels:
(1)	Issues and Ideas in Teaching Language and Gender (chair:
Barbara LeMaster, California State University, Long Beach, US)
(2)	Gender and the Language of Religion (chair: Allyson Jule
(University of Glamorgan, UK)
(3)	Graduate and Postgraduate Students' Workshop (chair: Susanne
Unger, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, US) Soon you will find short descriptions of all three Workshops on our webpage (http://es.geocities.com/igala4/). Please indicate which Workshop you wish to attend: either by sending an e-mail to gora.zaragoza at uv.es, or when collecting your conference material in Valencia.
-	There will be a Conference dinner on 10th November, around
20:30-21:00. We will go to a traditional Valencian restaurant by the sea (I need to confirm the place and price).
-	IGALA-4 organising committee intends to publish a selection
of papers (and posters). More details will be given soon on our webpage, and also at the IGALA-4 conference in Valencia.

We look forward to meeting all of you in Valencia very soon.

Best wishes,

José Santaemilia

--
Dr. José Santaemilia