Hi from Paksitan

shahid siddiqui shahidksiddiqui at YAHOO.COM
Thu Mar 8 09:47:46 UTC 2007

Hi Jane,

Thanks for your mail re.  International Women's day.
In Pakistan we have certain gathering and talk shows
on this day.  A change is taking place here though
with a slow pace. My name is shahid siddiqui and I
teach in a local university of Pakistan.  I did my
MEdTESOL from manchester and PhD in Applied
Linguistics from OISE/University of Toronto, Canada.

The courses I teach here include, Language, culture,
and society and Language Gender, and Power.  I teach
these courses at undergraduate level.  I have included
 "We're boys,miss" in the reading package for this
course.  In the last session we discussed your article
in the class.  Very interesting and thought provoking
reserach.

I am currently working on women jokes in Pakistan.  I
am interested in their critical discourse analysis. I
am interested in blending this work with Said's work
of the politics of representation.  Can you suggest
any cconference/research journal where I could present
such work.

With very best wishes.

shahid

"mailto:j.sunderland at lancs.ac.uk"j.sunderland at lancs.ac.uk

"http://www.equinoxpub.com/journals/main.asp?jref=60"http://www.equinoxp
> ub.com/journals/main.asp?jref=60
>

> --
> Release Date:
> 07/03/2007

Dr.Shahid Siddiqui
Professor & Director
Centre for Humanities and Social Sciences
Lahore School of Economics, 104-C Gulberg III
Lahore, Pakistan