Remembering Anna Livia blog

Kira Hall Kira.Hall at COLORADO.EDU
Thu Sep 6 16:39:30 UTC 2007

Dear gender and language friends,

So many of you sent such kind messages to me in response to my
message about Anna Livia's sudden and unexpected death.  Thank you
for this.

I also wanted you to know that we recently set up a "Remembering Anna
Livia" blog site, so that friends, family, scholars, writers, and
students can share their memories of Anna and her work.  So many
people who knew Anna, or who are otherwise familiar with Anna's
fiction or scholarship, have asked what they can do, and we thought
that this would be one way where we could all try, collectively, to
make sense of her death.  We hope someday to share the site with her
two children, Asher and Emma, when they are older and ready to learn
more, but for now, we are thinking that something like this will
benefit all of us.

The blog address is http://rememberingannalivia.blogspot.com/.  I
would be really grateful if you could share news of the site with
colleagues in gender and language, or any others who have been
affected by Anna's death. The site is easy to navigate:  you can post
as many times as you wish, and also anonymously, if you prefer.
Because we just set up the site a few days ago, there are currently
very few postings.  So I'm hoping that you can spread the word around
and encourage others to visit the site and contribute something, no
matter how brief or spontaneous.  Feel free to forward this email to
others, as you see appropriate.

For those of you who are in the Bay Area, there is a memorial service
planned for Anna on Saturday, October 6th, between 1:00 and 5:00.
I'll post more information about the service to the blog site in the
next few days, when I know exactly where it will be located.

Many thanks,

Kira

Kira Hall, Associate Professor
Director, Program in Culture, Language, and Social Practice (CLASP)
Departments of Linguistics and Anthropology
Campus Box 295
University of Colorado
Boulder, Colorado  80309-0295
Phone: (303)492-2912