research opportunity

Sally McConnell-Ginet smg9 at CORNELL.EDU
Mon Feb 4 15:08:20 UTC 2008

IGALA members may find this opportunity of interest.  For further
information see links and contact details given below.

Cornell University Library welcomes applications for its 2008 Phil
Zwickler Memorial Research Grants. Through the generosity of the Phil
Zwickler Charitable and Memorial Foundation, we are able to offer
select scholars financial assistance for expenses incurred when they
come to conduct research on sexuality with sources in Cornell's
Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections (RMC).

Zwickler, a filmmaker and journalist who devoted his talents to
communicating ideas about lesbian and gay rights and the AIDS crisis,
died in 1991 at age 36. Documentation of his life and work are
preserved in Cornell's Human Sexuality Collection, a program that
encourages the study of sexuality and sexual politics.  The online
guide to Phil Zwickler's collection is at:
http://rmc.library.cornell.edu/HSC/zwickler/

The Human Sexuality Collection actively acquires, preserves, and
makes accessible primary sources related to sexuality. Collecting
efforts focus especially on groups excluded from mainstream culture,
primarily in the United States from the 19th century onward. Our
primary sources include print material, manuscript collections, as
well as some ephemera, artwork, photographs, and other audio-visual
material.

For more information on the Zwickler Memorial Research Grants, which
support research with the vast holdings of Cornell's Human Sexuality
Collection, see:  http://rmc.library.cornell.edu/HSC/zwickler.htm

Deadline: March 31.

More information about our holdings can be found through:

Cornell's online catalog:  http://catalog.library.cornell.edu/
the RMC web site:  http://rmc.library.cornell.edu
and the Human Sexuality Collection's web site:
http://rmc.library.cornell.edu/HSC/

Brenda J. Marston
Curator, Human Sexuality Collection
Women's Studies Selector