call for editor applicants

dh125 at COLUMBIA.EDU dh125 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Tue Jan 15 18:07:41 UTC 2008

Dear Ms. Taylor,

I was intrigued by the call for editor you posted. I recently
completed my Ph.D. in Anthropology at Columbia and am teaching at
Columbia and City College while looking for work. Prior to beginning
my Ph.D. studies, however, I worked for 10 years as a print and
electronic journalist, primarily as Managing Editor of several
monthlies. As my own theoretical mooring draws heavily upon
linguistics and semiotics, I am very interested in pursuing the
position. If you would be so kind as to forward the long form of the
application, or a web address where I can find it myself, I would be
most appreciative.

Best Regards,

Drew Hopkins