Queer Eye analysis article

Stephen DiDomenico sdidome2 at UIUC.EDU
Fri Jul 4 06:30:39 UTC 2008

Hello!

Here is the article I mentioned during one of the Q and A sessions in case
anyone is interested:

http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/content~content=a785832193~db=all

It is a 'content analysis' of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy and
examines various ways the 'Fab 5' perform their sexuality/desire. Very
interesting article.

Steve DiDomenico

On 7/4/08, Mary Bucholtz <bucholtz at linguistics.ucsb.edu> wrote:

> I'm forwarding this on behalf of the Fulbright program; please contact the
> address below and don't reply to the list.
>
> Mary
>
> The Fulbright Scholar Program is offering several lecturing awards in
> linguistics in Taiwan for 2009-10. These awards provide scholars the
> opportunity to teach undergraduate- and/or graduate-level courses in their
> area of specialization. Grantees may also have the opportunity to present
> public lectures and seminars and to collaborate on research projects.
> Topics of interest include but are not limited to cognitive linguistics,
> phonetics and phonology, and English phonetics. Awards range from 5 to 10
> months and can begin in September 2009 or January-February 2010. Lecturing
> is in English. U.S. citizenship and a Ph.D. or its equivalent terminal/
> professional degree are required. The application deadline is August 1,
> 2008. For more information and the online application please visit
> www.cies.org (award #9171) or contact Lindsay Hench (lhench at cies.iie.org;
> 202.686.4020).
>

> Please note that there are also Teaching English as a Foreign Language
> (TEFL) awards available in a variety of countries including Chile (9563),
> Panama (9592), Mexico (9585), Nicaragua (9589), Guatemala (9573), Honduras
> (9578), Venezuela (9602), Uruguay (9599), Cote d'Ivorie (9502), Mauritius
> (9076), Indonesia (9139), Kyrgyz Republic (9498), Turkmenistan (9514), and
> Uzbekistan (9516). Contact Justin Van Ness (jvanness at cies.iie.org)
> regarding TEFL awards.
>

> ---------- End Forwarded Message ----------

> Mary Bucholtz, Professor
> Department of Linguistics
> 3607 South Hall
> University of California
> Santa Barbara, CA 93106-3100
> phone: (805) 893-5415
> fax: (805) 893-7769
> http://www.linguistics.ucsb.edu/faculty/bucholtz/

Stephen M. DiDomenico
Graduate Student / Teaching Assistant
Department of Communication
University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign
8-Q Lincoln Hall
702 S. Wright St.
Urbana, IL 61801
http://stephen.didomenico.googlepages.com