body language

Amy Sheldon asheldon at UMN.EDU
Tue Mar 25 19:10:29 UTC 2008

I see your point.
But within the current gender system, the critique would be "Any
Lesbian is not a real woman".

I am not criticizing you, but your choices are attached to certain
political interpretations, whether you believe in them or not.
I'm making a point about how the logic of standard gender ideology
positions women who are labeled "masculine" or Lesbian".

  Other gender and sex nonconforming, or resisting, people are also
similarly positioned.

  I'm sounding a note of caution, to  think about this when/if
choosing labels, especially before starting a project.  Because the
labels can implicitly frame the project, and you may not want to
frame it that way.
Amy