body language

Koller, Veronika v.koller at LANCASTER.AC.UK
Wed Mar 26 11:36:53 UTC 2008

You may also wish to look at the work by Cornelia Mueller and her team at the Berlin Gesture Centre, some of which has been published in English: http://www.berlingesturecenter.de/. She has in the past collaborated with Alan Cienki at the VU University Amsterdam.

Veronika

________________________________

From: International Gender and Language Association on behalf of Amy Sheldon
Sent: Tue 25/03/2008 22:51
To: GALA-L at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: body language

McNeil also has a later book, and I believe there was a festschrift in his honor in the last few years, with his collaborators' work.
I don't know if there's anything on gender in these books.
But Justine Cassell, who is one of his former students, has done a lot of work on digital avatars, and gender does figure in her work.
You can find her webpage at Northwestern U.
Amy Sheldon