LINGUIST fund drive

Mary Bucholtz bucholtz at LINGUISTICS.UCSB.EDU
Thu Mar 27 16:10:51 UTC 2008

Dear all,

The LINGUIST List is once again holding its annual fund drive. LINGUIST
generously hosts GALA-L and many other linguistics-related lists, as well
as providing invaluable information about all aspects of linguistics.
Please donate what you can; even $5-10 helps. It only takes a minute. And
act quickly--the fund drive may end soon. Information on how to donate is
below.

Thanks,

Mary

--------------------
This year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $60,000. This money will go to
help keep
the List running by supporting all of our Student Editors for the coming
year.

See below for donation instructions, and don't forget to check out our Fund
Drive
2008 LINGUIST List Circus and join us on our many shows!

http://linguistlist.org/fund-drive/2008/

There are many ways to donate to LINGUIST!

You can donate right now using our secure credit card form at

Alternatively you can also pledge right now and pay later. To do so, go to:
https://linguistlist.org/donation/pledge/pledge1.cfm

For all information on donating and pledging, including information on how
donate by check, money order, or wire transfer, please visit:
http://linguistlist.org/donate.html

The LINGUIST List is under the umbrella of Eastern Michigan University and
as such
can receive donations through the EMU Foundation, which is a registered
501(c)
Non Profit organization. Our Federal Tax number is 38-6005986. These
donations
can be offset against your federal and sometimes your state tax return
(U.S. tax
payers only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact your
financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program, such that they will
match any
gift you make to a non-profit organization. Normally this entails your
contacting
your human resources department and sending us a form that the EMU
Foundation fills
in and returns to your employer. This is generally a simple administrative
procedure
that doubles the value of your gift to LINGUIST, without costing you an
extra penny.
Please take a moment to check if your company operates such a program.

Mary Bucholtz, Associate Professor
Department of Linguistics
3607 South Hall
University of California