Call for papers - conference session on gender and sexuality

Valentina orisha4 at YAHOO.COM
Sun Oct 5 19:49:07 UTC 2008

Dear colleagues,

I am passing along a call for abstracts for a session on Gender and Sexuality, for the Society of Anthropology and Humanism conference in Santa Fe, in March 2009.
If you are interested in sending an abstract, please contact the session's organizer, Billie Jean Isbell, directly, and do so ASAP, as the deadline is coming up very soon. She is still accepting abstract although her first deadline, Sept. 30, is passed.

Her e-mail is: bji1 at cornell.edu

Here is her message:
____
I would like to invite you to participate in a session that I am
organizing for the Society for Humanistic Anthropology for a meeting in
Santa Fe, New Mexico, March 17-21.

SHA is meeting in conjunction
with Applied Anthro for the first time. The session will be the vehicle
for a special issue of the journal Anthropology and Humanism that I am
proposing
on Gender and Sexualities. I would like to encourage everyone to write
in alternative forms for the session and special issue: a short story,
poetry, or dialogical narrative.
You may submit an abstract that deals with any aspects of sexualities and/or gender from your research whatever form it might take.
Of course, the traditional academic
essay is also appropriate. Please send me your abstract by Sept. 30.
The organizer's deadline is Oct. 15.

You would have to join SHA if you are not a member to participate.

I am attaching two documents that have the details of the meeting in Santa Fe.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Billie Jean Isbell
Emerita Professor of Anthropology
Cornell University