looking for a PhD program

Maria Dmytrieva xmas at UKR.NET
Mon Oct 13 04:18:56 UTC 2008

Dear colleagues,    My name is Mariya Dmytriyeva from Ukraine, currently I am a Fulbright Scholar taking a master's program in lingustics at California State University, Northridge.     I  am graduating next spring and now am planning to apply to a PhD program so next fall I continue my studies.     My major spheres of interest are:    gender linguistics (especially in Slavic languages, as my native languages are Russian and Ukrainian),    language policy and sociolinguistics (as the linguistic situation in Ukraine is really a complicated one and as a linguist and a conscious citizen I cannot but want to learn more about  it -- and the theoretical ways to account to it)     computer-mediated communication (I am an active blogger myself and have been a part of the Russian- and Ukrainian speaking e-communities since 1995)     In my PhD training I would like to address these topics in greater depth and my intended topic for a PhD dissertation would be about constructing gender a
nd national identities in post-Soviet blogosphere.     So, my question is as follows:    Are there any PhD programs in gender linguistics to which I could apply  being a foreigner?     What would be my chances to get scholarship for this?     My email is mariadmytrieva at gmail.com and I will greatly appreciate your advice.

With best regards,
Mariya

--
Mariya M. Dmytriyeva
Fulbright Scholar,

--
C карьерой не шутят!
Разместите конфиденциальное резюме на HeadHunter -    HH.UA!