Courses/Modules on language and gender worldwide

Sunderland, Jane j.sunderland at LANCASTER.AC.UK
Sun Jul 5 15:15:35 UTC 2009

Dear all

Many thanks to those many people who sent me details of courses/modules
on language and gender. I am happy to report that our field is alive and
well - even thriving - in academia, at both undergraduate and
postgraduate levels.

You can find the summary as a pdf. on

http://www.lancs.ac.uk/fass/organisations/igala/Resources/On-line%20Mate
rials.html

Click on: Courses/Modules on language and gender worldwide

I have included the basic information. I haven't included all the
details people sent (e.g. of 'cross-listing' at US Universities).

It is now available for anyone to use if they are writing a proposal and
have to indicate institutions where language and gender is taught (i.e.
potential markets).

You may think it is rather oddly organised, i.e. into four charts:
UK/USA/Africa/elsewhere. I did this for my own purposes (and for those
of the team I'm working with). However, if anyone would like to take it
over, recategorise it, and, for example, add links, people to contact
and other details, I'd be delighted.

Errors may have crept in - if so, apologies. I am happy to make
amendments (and indeed add further institutions) as long as they reach
me before the end of July. *Please email me rather than the List!*

Best wishes to all GALA-L List members.

Jane Sunderland