Courses/Modules on language and gender worldwide

tabi noah tabinoah at YAHOO.COM
Tue Jul 7 08:53:03 UTC 2009

hello Jane,
   i'm sorry, I may not be answering or responding to the mail you sent, rather I 'm posting a problem.I'm an M.A student in the area of  gender and language, at the university of dschang where you visited in April this year.My name is Ameli Noah Tabi, the class prefect with whom you had some pictures at your hotel.
  my topic is the discursive construction of gender in articles in magazine. the problem I have is literature on media discourse. I think you will be of help to me either by forwarding websites where i can find these material or forward some literature to me.
  Thanks very much madam, waiting to hear from you soon.
--- On Sun, 7/5/09, Sunderland, Jane <j.sunderland at LANCASTER.AC.UK> wrote:

From: Sunderland, Jane <j.sunderland at LANCASTER.AC.UK>
Subject: [GALA-L] Courses/Modules on language and gender worldwide
To: GALA-L at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Date: Sunday, July 5, 2009, 8:15 AM

Dear all

Many thanks to those many people who sent me details of courses/modules on language and gender. I am happy to report that our field is alive and well – even thriving - in academia, at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.

You can find the summary as a pdf. on

http://www.lancs.ac.uk/fass/organisations/igala/Resources/On-line%20Materials.html

Click on: Courses/Modules on language and gender worldwide

I have included the basic information. I haven’t included all the details people sent (e.g. of ‘cross-listing’ at US Universities).

It is now available for anyone to use if they are writing a proposal and have to indicate institutions where language and gender is taught (i.e. potential markets).

You may think it is rather oddly organised, i.e. into four charts: UK/USA/Africa/elsewhere. I did this for my own purposes (and for those of the team I’m working with). However, if anyone would like to take it over, recategorise it, and, for example, add links, people to contact and other details, I’d be delighted.

Errors may have crept in – if so, apologies. I am happy to make amendments (and indeed add further institutions) as long as they reach me before the end of July. *Please email me rather than the List!*

Best wishes to all GALA-L List members.

Jane Sunderland