Join IGALA, support GALA-l, support Language, Gender, & Sexuality research

Victoria L. Bergvall vbergval at MTU.EDU
Tue Apr 6 15:24:31 UTC 2010

Dear IGALA members, and those who read about Gender and Language issues via the GALA list,

As we eagerly anticipate the coming IGALA6 conference in Japan this fall, I ask your support for IGALA (the International Gender and Language Association), as well as language, gender and sexuality research throughout the world:
- If you have been a member, please renewing your membership;
- If you haven't yet joined, please join by following this link:

Your membership dues, for a very reasonable price, bring you the excellent Gender and Language journal, and your dues help support the conference and the attendance of those from currency-restricted countries, in our mission to help make L&G research a truly international enterprise.

You also benefit from the LINGUIST list, which hosts our GALA e-list, the primary way that IGALA board members, conference attendees, and IGALA members communicate.

The LINGUIST list has issued another appeal to help them support the people who make the LINGUIST list possible. Please, if you can, help support them too with your donation, at this website:

You have undoubtedly seen their pleas already, but I'll paste in their pledge message below.

Stay tuned for more to come about events in Japan.

We appreciate your support!

Vicky Bergvall
On behalf of the IGALA Executive Board

---
Victoria L. Bergvall
Associate Professor of Linguistics
Department of Humanities
Michigan Tech University
Houghton, MI 49931
USA
www.hu.mtu.edu/~vbergval

President, International Gender & Language Asso. (IGALA)
   IGALA Website: http://www.lancs.ac.uk/fass/organisations/igala/Index.htm