Donations for travel bursaries for IGALA6 requested

Sunderland, Jane j.sunderland at LANCASTER.AC.UK
Fri Jun 25 08:54:12 UTC 2010

Dear all

Would you like to help sponsor someone to attend IGALA 6, in Tokyo,
Sept. 18-20 2010? We have many students and people from developing
countries whose abstracts have been accepted (so they're good!) but who
are having a struggle finding the money for the airfare and
accommodation. We have some money set aside for bursaries (kindly
donated by IGALA members), but not enough. Any amount would be most
appreciated, from $US10.00 (or equivalent) upwards.

As regards how you would get the money to IGALA without it being
top-sliced by a bank, the best thing would probably be to bring it
yourself to Tokyo or send it with someone you know is attending the
conference. If you're working in Japan it's probably possible to
transfer it without incurring bank changes.

If you live in the UK and/or have a UK bank account and would like to do
this, please get in touch with me (j.sunderland at lancs.ac.uk). Otherwise,
please get in touch with the conference organiser, Claire Maree
(maree at tsuda.ac.jp), for advice.

Please do *not* reply to the entire List.

Best wishes to all

Jane Sunderland