MA in Gender and Language?

Rosa Mordasiewicz rosa at MORDASIEWICZ.COM
Sun Nov 28 13:52:44 UTC 2010

Hello!!
I would personally LOVE to do an MA specifically in Gender and Language. I'm
currently a 4rth year student in Linguistics with a minor in Women's Studies. It is
very difficult for a student in Canada to access courses and programs on this
topic. Ling departments are predominantly structuralist/generativist without
much attention to language use except from a variationist approach. There are
Cultural Studies and Gender Studies but these tend not to have enough emphasis
on language for my liking. (If I've missed a department in my search please
inform me!)
Being a single mom of a young child I would also LOVE the option to do a
research MA through distance education, but would hope that it would also
include valuable interaction with profs and students, TA and/or RA experience,
as well as attending talks/colloqs through video conferencing tools.
My two cents!
~Rosa M