Introducing Language on the Move: www.languageontheomove.org

Kimie Takahashi kimonky29 at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 6 03:43:21 UTC 2010

Dear colleagues,

As the 6th IGALA conference is just a week and a bit away, I'd like to introduce a sociolinguistics website, Language on the Move, to you all! Founded by Ingrid Piller (one of the keynote speakers) and myself back in November 2009, Language on the Move has been a vibrant discussion and open-resource site for researchers as well as the general public interested in issues including gender, race, social justice in multilingual and language learning contexts. In the lead up to IGALA in Tokyo, I have taken the liberty of sharing a little bit of advance commentary and tips in the latest blog post (see below). We hope you will find Language on the Move useful for your L & G research!

See you all in Tokyo soon!

Language and Gender on the Move!
Next week, Tokyo will be the hottest hub of language and gender researchers! Tsuda College is hosting the Sixth International Language and Gender Association Conference (IGALA) Sept 18 – 20, attracting many cutting-edge L & G researchers. Since this is the first time IGALA comes to Tokyo in particular and to Asia in general, and as I am a Tokyo/Yokohama native, I thought I’d share a bit of advance commentary and tips! To begin with, they couldn’t have picked a better place than Continue reading →

---------------------------
Kimie Takahashi, PhD
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Department of Linguistics
Faculty of Human Sciences
MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY
NSW 2109 Australia
Phone: +61 (0)2 9850 9939
Fax: +61 (0)2 9850 7849
www.ameprc.mq.edu.au

Language on the Move
[W] www.languageonthemove.org
[Twitter] http://twitter.com/lg_on_the_move
[Facebook] www.facebook.com/languageonthemove

CRICOS Provider No 00002J
This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of Macquarie University.