Announcing change of Editors to Gender & Language Journal

Ana Cristina Ostermann ACO at UNISINOS.BR
Mon Aug 8 14:06:16 UTC 2011

We would like to farewell Bonnie McElhinny who has stepped down from her role as co-editor of Gender and Language after a five year term.  As a founding editor her contribution has been valuable for establishing the journal as an important interdisciplinary forum for research on and debates about feminist research on gender and language.  Our heartfelt thanks to Bonnie for all her work which constitutes a tremendous contribution to the strength and vibrancy of the field.  Bonnie will be continuing to support the journal as a member of the Editorial Board.

We also would like to thank Sharon Kelly who has been acting as editorial assistant and will be finishing that role and helping with the transition to an inhouse assistant.

We are pleased to announce that Elizabeth Stokoe, Professor of Social Interaction at Loughborough University, has joined the editorial team.  Elizabeth brings with her considerable experience serving on editorial boards and as an action editor for the British Journal of Social Psychology.  Her appointment as a co-editor for Gender and Language is important for further developing and strengthening the journal.

Ann Weatherall is now nearly two years into her three year term as co-editor.

About the journal
Gender & Language is published in association with the International Gender and Language Association (IGALA). Learn more about the Association by going to the IGALA website at http://www.lancs.ac.uk/fass/organisations/igala/Index.html
You can join IGALA as a regular member from the Equinox website by going to the subscription pages and chosing IGALA membership. Regular Membership includes a subscription to the journal. For the journal subscription and IGALA membership please go to http://www.equinoxjournals.com/GL/about/subscriptions

With our very best wishes,
Ann Weatherall, Gender and Language Co-Editor
Ana Cristina Ostermann, IGALA President