Fwd: Please help us to stop the University of Sussex closing CCE and its part-time adult education provision

Chris chris.trundles at TISCALI.CO.UK
Tue Dec 20 12:03:48 UTC 2011

Dear Each,

I know that it is fast coming up to Christmas, and you are more than
likely dead on your feet worrying if you've enough sprouts, or if
you've bought Auntie Ada's fluffy slippers, but your help now in
supporting this important petition, plus contacting the Vice
Chancellor at Sussex University, regarding this appalling state of
affairs with regards to this proposed closure of part time adult
education at Sussex university, would be very much appreciated.

Please forward this message as wide and far as you can, and ask
others to sign, if possible.  It is bad enough that children's
primary and secondary education is in dire straits, without adult
education (where some young adults can possibly make up on 'lost'
education, and where older adults could possibly continue to find the
education they seek for career purposes) being so badly affected.

This is just the thin end of the wedge: Sussex University this time,
another university next time.  At this rate we'll all be living in a
society of ignorance and complete apathy, without art, music,
history, literature, film studies, creative writing, handicraft
skills, or any training at all in critical analysis or learning from
each other.

with grateful thanks for your help
Chris & Iain
<no need to reply>