Results of the IGALA elections for VP & Secretary

Ana Cristina Ostermann ACO at UNISINOS.BR
Mon Jan 10 11:16:57 UTC 2011

Dear all,

We are happy to announce that Lia Litosseliti and Michelle Lazar have been elected for the positions of Vice-President/President Elect and Secretary, respectively, of the International Gender and Language Association. We congratulate Lia and Michelle and are looking forward to working with them at the IGALA Exec Board!

We would like to thank all candidates who stood so brilliantly for the positions and brought in excellence to the IGALA elections, and IGALA members in general, who nominated the most wonderful gender and language scholars from all places in the world, encouraged others to self-nominate, and sent in their votes.

Finally, we would like to encourage those who are not yet members to join the association and to enjoy the great advantages of membership, such as subscription to the Gender and Language Journal (published by Equinox), rights to nominate and vote at the elections, and to participate at the IGALA conferences. For becoming an IGALA member/subscribing Gender and Journal, just follow the link below: