I-mean 2 and pre-conference event, UWE, Bristol, April 2011

Jo Angouri Jo.Angouri at UWE.AC.UK
Sun Mar 27 00:10:20 UTC 2011

With apologies for cross-postings

Dear Colleagues,

Please find below the final call for registration for imean 2 and this year’s pre-conference event entitled Trans-cending gender norms. We would be grateful if you could circulate this call to other colleagues who may be interested.

We look forward to seeing you at UWE in April 2011

All best wishes,

Jo

==================
Dr Jo Angouri, Senior Lecturer
University of the West of England, Bristol
Department of English, Linguistics and Communication
Frenchay Campus
Coldharbour Lane
Bristol BS16 1QY
Email: Jo.Angouri at uwe.ac.uk<mailto:Jo.Angouri at uwe.ac.uk>

Imean 2 @ UWE -Meaning and Context - 13th -15th April, 2011

The arrangements for the forthcoming i-mean 2 @UWE are now in the final stages and we look forward to welcoming you to UWE in April. Please note that the registration deadline is 31 March 2011. For more details please see http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/cahe/ewd/newsandevents/events/i-meanuwe2/registration.aspx

Trans-cending gender norms: 12th April 2011

This day conference is aimed at promoting a better understanding of the multiple identities expressed within the trans community. The event will attempt to dismantle the numerous persisting prejudices and stereotypes and aspire to raise public awareness of trans lives and realities. This one day event is open to all interested parties but we have a limited number of places on a first come first served basis.  Please see http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/cahe/elc/newsandevents/events/i-meanuwe2/pre-conferenceevent.aspx for further details and registration form.

For further information please contact:

Dr Jo Angouri (Jo.Angouri at uwe.ac.uk<mailto:Jo.Angouri at uwe.ac.uk>) and Dr Kate Beeching (Kate.Beeching at uwe.ac.uk<mailto:Kate.Beeching at uwe.ac.uk> )