Anniversary conference and preconference workshops, DARG and CAMARG, Loughborough University, March 2012

Elizabeth Stokoe E.H.Stokoe at LBORO.AC.UK
Mon May 2 22:20:38 UTC 2011

Discourse *** Communication *** Conversation

 http://www-staff.lboro.ac.uk/~ssca1/DCconf2012/DC2012home.html

An ANNIVERSARY CONFERENCE to celebrate 25 years of the Discourse and Rhetoric Group (DARG) and 10 years of the Culture and Media Analysis Research Group (CAMARG).

The Communication Research Centre at Loughborough University invites you to join in our celebrations as our two research groups reach key anniversaries: the Discourse and Rhetoric Group (DARG) celebrates twenty-five years of discursive psychological, rhetorical and conversation analytic research, and the Culture and Media Research Group (CAMARG), celebrates ten years of communication, media and cultural analysis.

Call for individual papers

We encourage submissions that engage with empirical and theoretical topics in communication studies, discourse analysis, conversation analysis, media studies, social interaction, or cultural studies - especially those that address in original ways the promises and challenges or research in any of these (inter)disciplinary areas.

Deadline for Abstracts: 1st November, 2011

Registration deadline (for guaranteed on-campus accommodation) is November 30th, 2011.

Conference registration fee £90 (£60 concessions) Pre-conference workshop fee £50 (£30 concessions).

Elizabeth Stokoe
Professor of Social Interaction
Department of Social Sciences
Loughborough University