Gender and Language/ IGALA Advisory Council election results

Carmen Caldas-Coulthard c.r.caldas-coulthard at BHAM.AC.UK
Wed Nov 23 12:06:59 UTC 2011

Congratulations to all. Carmen

Dr. Carmen Rosa Caldas-Coulthard
Centre for English Language Studies,
Westmere House
University of Birmingham, UK

________________________________
From: International Gender and Language Association [GALA-L at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Litosseliti, Evangelia [L.Litosseliti at CITY.AC.UK]
Sent: 22 November 2011 11:51
To: GALA-L at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Subject: [GALA-L] Gender and Language/ IGALA Advisory Council election results

Dear colleagues,

On behalf of IGALA, I'd like to extend a warm welcome to new members who have joined the organisation in recent months and those who have just been elected as new members of the IGALA Advisory Council.

First, a big welcome via this list too, to Elizabeth Stokoe who was elected co-editor of the Gender and Language journal back in July. Elizabeth Stokoe, who is Professor of Social Interaction at Loughborough University, UK, succeeded Bonnie McElhinny as co-editor and works alongside the journal's other co-editor, Ann Weatherall. Our thanks go to past and current editors for all their work towards making the journal grow and be such an important forum in our field.

We have also had elections in the past month for new Ordinary members of the IGALA Advisory Council and one Graduate Student Representative member. Thank you to all those members who have run as candidates and who have voted. I'm pleased to announce that the following members have been elected:

Graduate Student Representative (effective immediately)
Clare Anderson (currently completing a PhD at the University of Birmingham, UK)

Ordinary members (effective in June 2012/ at next IGALA conference)

Brian King (Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand)
Laurel Kamada (Tohoku University: Sendai, Japan)
Holly R. Cashman (University of New Hampshire, USA)
Carmen Rosa Caldas-Coulthard (University of Birmingham, UK)
Grace Diabah (University of Ghana / Lancaster University)
Mercedes Bengoechea (Universidad de Alcalá, Spain)
Joana Plaza Pinto (Federal University of Goiás, Brazil)

Many congratulations to those elected! We look forward to welcoming you at the next IGALA conference (20-22 June 2012) --visit http://www.unisinos.br/eventos/igala/.

Finally, a reminder for everyone that being a member of IGALA includes a subscription to the Gender and Language journal, and allows you to submit abstracts and present at IGALA conferences, so please make sure you update your membership. Information on IGALA can be found at http://www.lancs.ac.uk/fass/organisations/igala/Index.html and at http://www.equinoxjournals.com/GL/index.

Best wishes,

Lia Litosseliti

IGALA Vice President

Dr Lia Litosseliti
Senior Lecturer in Linguistics & Programme Director for BSc (Hons) Speech and Language Therapy
Department of Language and Communication Science
City University London
Northampton Square
London EC1V 0HB
UK