No subject

Lucy Jones Lucy.Jones at HULL.AC.UK
Fri Aug 10 08:58:35 UTC 2012

On behalf of Helen Sauntson, please be aware that details are now available and registration is open for the 6th BAAL Gender and Language Special Interest Group event on Wednesday 12th September 2012 at Aston University. The theme will be 'Language, Gender and Sexuality', and will include the following talks:

Veronika Koller, Lancaster University: Language and masculinities in queer discourse

Jodie Clark, Sheffield Hallam University: 'I wish there didn't have to be gay people': Logics of homophobia

Liz Morrish, Nottingham Trent University and Helen Sauntson, York St John University: ‘How gay is football this year?’ Identity and intersubjectivity in a women’s university sports team

Lucy Jones, University of Hull: Dealing with 'community' in queer linguistics research

Erez Levon, Queen Mary University: 'Some of my best friends are gay': Stereotypes and the linguistic perception of male sexuality in Britain

For more information, please contact Helen Sauntson h.sauntson at yorksj.ac.uk or Judith Baxter j.a.baxter at aston.ac.uk, and for registration please visit: http://www1.aston.ac.uk/lss/news/conferences-seminars/gender-and-language-interest-group-event/

Best,

Lucy Jones

-------------------------------------
Dr Lucy Jones