good wishes sought for Robin Lakoff's retirement

Mary Bucholtz bucholtz at LINGUISTICS.UCSB.EDU
Wed May 2 03:30:51 UTC 2012

Dear all,

As previously announced, this Friday we'll be celebrating Robin Lakoff's work at a symposium in Berkeley, in honor of her retirement. Whether you know Robin or have been influenced by her, I'd like to invite you to send your good wishes, comments on her impact on your work, and any other thoughts you might have. Please email these to me personally (bucholtz at linguistics.ucsb.edu), NOT TO THE LIST. Please be sure to include your full name and affiliation. All comments received by Thursday night will be incorporated into a presentation in Robin's honor on Friday.

Thanks very much!

Mary

Mary Bucholtz, Professor
Department of Linguistics