linguistics project featured on new type of funding site

Corinne Seals cseals108 at GMAIL.COM
Wed May 9 22:25:11 UTC 2012

Dear GALA-L subscribers,

This is a bit unorthodox, but the reason for this email is also unique.

Recently, a new publicly-geared funding source, Petridish.org, chose
my research as its first social science project to be featured on
their site. I'm hoping you may be willing to check it out and also
pass it along to anyone you think may be interested. Petridish has
recently been featured in Wired Magazine, Scientific American, the
Huffington Post, and other noteworthy sources because it is a new
attempt to allow the public to become investors in notable research
endeavors. My research page can be found here:
http://www.petridish.org/projects/successful-education-for-heritage-language-learners.
I hope that you will take the time to look it over, and I appreciate
your help in this endeavor.

Thank you!

Corinne Seals
PhD Candidate - Linguistics