Explore WMM'S 2013 Catalog | Special Offers Inside!

Women Make Movies Educate educate at WMM.COM
Wed Aug 7 18:56:42 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I am writing from Women Make Movies, the non-profit distributor of films by and about women, to invite you to explore our 2013 catalog! This year, our catalog features engaging educational resources like 2012 Academy Award® winner for Best Short Documentary, SAVING FACE, which draws necessary and urgent attention to violence against women in South Asia and has been nominated for 5 News & Documentary Emmy Awards®. Other titles include revered documentarian Kim Longinotto's SALMA, the inspiring story of a woman who defied her strict, silencing upbringing and became the most famous poet in southern India. WMM also turns the lens on domestic affairs, with gripping, contemporary films like SERVICE: WHEN WOMEN COME MARCHING HOME, THE GREY AREA: FEMINISM BEHIND BARS and VIRGIN TALES, a chronicle of the Evangelical crusade for female sexual purity recently broadcast on Showtime. As institutions embrace the digital age, each of these titles would make an excellent addition to any multimedia classroom.

As a non-profit organization we are committed to supporting women filmmakers and we return 30 - 40% of all revenue to them annually. So when you buy a film from WMM you are helping the women's film community by ensuring the production of more feminist film. You are helping women directors by supporting their roles as worldwide change makers, giving voice to women in places where women's voices are often silenced.

Online Catalog: <http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/titleindex/browse_titles.shtml>
New Releases: <http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/new_releases.shtml>
PDF Download: <http://www.wmm.com/images/catalog2013.pdf>

I am passing along some fantastic special offers below to encourage you to browse our catalog and support our cause. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, and thanks as always for supporting independent women filmmakers!

New to WMM? 50% Off Your First Order!
Considering making your first WMM purchase? Begin your relationship with Women Make Movies with this limited-time special offer for new customers: 50% off your entire order! Enter promo code NCLS13 when you complete your purchase online. You may also email orders at wmm.com or call 212.925.0606 x360 to order.

Offer applies to institutional orders only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Other exceptions may apply. Expires 10/1/13.

Special Offer on 2012 Releases - Get any 5 for $495!
Order any five of our 2012 titles for only $495! This offer applies to institutions only; public libraries, K-12 and community groups still receive any title for only $89.
Some of our most popular titles include:

Our most popular titles include:
RIGHTS & WRONGS: THE STORY OF WOMEN IN ISLAM
<http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/pages/c833.shtml>
"...extremely valuable as a unique teaching tool to courses in Women Studies and Near Eastern Studies.." - Lynne McVeigh, New York University

NO JOB FOR A WOMAN: THE WOMEN WHO FOUGHT TO REPORT WORLD WAR II
<http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/pages/c820.shtml>
"***1/2. Highly recommended."
- Video Librarian

ATOMIC MOM <http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/pages/c819.shtml>
"Recommended...not just for women's studies, peace studies, or Cold War studies courses, but also for courses in ethics."
- Educational Media Review On-Line

SCARLET ROAD <http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/pages/c824.shtml>
"Recommended...a caring, non-exploitative look at a serious subject."
- Video Librarian

THE LEARNING <http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/pages/c813.shtml>
"Highly recommended... will raise the awareness of top decision makers and encourage discussion among concerned people." - Educational Media Reviews Online

You can place your order directly through WMM's Online Shopping Cart. During checkout, enter promo code 5495LS13 and your discount will be applied. For questions, email orders at wmm.com, or call 212.925.0606 x360.

Offer only applies to 2012 titles. Other exceptions may apply. Cannot be combined with any other offer.

GENERAL ORDERING INFORMATION

All orders must be accompanied by an institutional purchase order or Prepayment. Payment may be made by institutional check, money order, or Visa, MasterCard and AMEX.

Women Make Movies *115 W. 29th Street, Suite 1200, New York, NY, 10001*
orders at wmm.com
Tel: 212.925.0606 x360

Please let me know if you have any questions and thank you for your support!

Sincerely,

Meredith Heil
Women Make Movies
115 W. 29th Street, Suite 1200