As Seen on GLOBAL VOICES - NINOS DE LA MEMORIA, A Brave & Moving Testimony | Women Make Movies

Women Make Movies Educate educate at WMM.COM
Mon Jul 1 15:38:52 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I’m writing from Women Make Movies, the non-profit distributor of films by and about women, to let you know about the June broadcast premiere of CHILDREN OF MEMORY (NIÑOS DE LA MEMORIA) on World Channel’s Global Voices [http://worldchannel.org/programs/global-voices]. This deeply moving film is essential for courses in Human Rights & Social Justice, Latin & Central American Studies, Criminal Justice, War & Conflict, Immigration and Exile, as well as for public libraries and likeminded community groups. To celebrate this broadcast, WMM is offering 20% off the purchase price of CHILDREN OF MEMORY with promo code COMBE13.

I’m posting more info below on CHILDREN OF MEMORY (NIÑOS DE LA MEMORIA) and WMM’s growing collection, THE WOMEN OF LATIN & CENTRAL AMERICA. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, and thanks as always for supporting independent women filmmakers!

CHILDREN OF MEMORY (NIÑOS DE LA MEMORIA) <http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/pages/c842.shtml>

“
 an essential addition to the films about Central America in the 1980s. Its courageous characters and their urgent work to find all the missing children of El Salvador, are unforgettable.”
-Pamela Yates, Director of GRANITO: How to Nail a Dictator

NIÑOS DE LA MEMORIA (CHILDREN OF MEMORY) tells the story of the hundreds of children disappeared without a trace during the Salvadoran civil war. Taken away from the massacre sites by soldiers, some grew up in orphanages or were "sold" into adoption abroad. The film follows Margarita Zamora, an investigator with human rights organization Pro-Búsqueda as she traverses the Salvadoran countryside probing memory, swabbing DNA samples, and searching for disappeared children - including her own four siblings.
More: http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/pages/c842.shtml

A film by Kathryn Smith Pyle and María Teresa Rodríguez
US/El Salvador, 2012, 64 minutes, Color, DVD, Subtitled (Spanish)

Institutional Price: $295.00
K-12, Public Libraries, Community Groups: $89.00

View the trailer <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiNlP0ONEd4>
Purchase the film <http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/pages/c842.shtml>

Save 20% through August 31, 2013, when you order with Promo Code COMBE13. Place your order online at www.wmm.com.You can also email orders at wmm.com or call 212.925.0606 x360. This offer applies only to institutions, public libraries, K-12 schools and community groups and cannot be combined with any other offer.

Interested in Latin America? This Year, WMM Has Added *Four New Titles* to THE WOMEN OF CENTRAL AND LATIN AMERICA Special Collection!

>From immigration to civil wars to politics, women in Latin and Central America continue to fight for both gender equality and their own survival. Glimpse into the lives of these brave and determined individuals with this growing collection of compelling films.

ABUELAS  <http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/pages/c851.shtml>
"An impressive testimony of dictatorships' impact on families and on the strength of women's hope through decades." FEMCINE

CHILDREN OF MEMORY (NINOS DE LA MEMORIA) <http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/pages/c842.shtml>
"... an essential addition to the films about Central America in the 1980s."
Pamela Yates, Director of GRANITO: How to Nail a Dictator

BAY OF ALL SAINTS <http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/pages/c854.shtml>
"...paints a dispiriting picture of life in a Brazilian slum and offers no cheap expression of hope beyond the fighting spirit found, however intermittently, in the community itself."
Hollywood Reporter

MARIA OF NOBODY’S LAND <http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/pages/c840.shtml>
"[S]hed[s] light on the thousands of kidnappings, sexual abuse, human trafficking, and torture suffered by migrants who travel across Mexico each year..." UCLA International Institute

To view trailers and see a complete listing of related films, explore the entire WOMEN OF LATIN AND CENTRAL AMERICA Special Collection! <http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/collect41.shtml>

GENERAL ORDERING INFORMATION

All orders must be accompanied by an institutional purchase order or Prepayment. Payment may be made by institutional check, money order, or Visa, MasterCard and AMEX.

Women Make Movies * 115 W. 29th Street * Suite 1200 * NY, NY * 10001 *
orders at wmm.com
Tel: 212.925.0606 x360

Please let me know if you have any questions and thank you for your support!

Sincerely,

Meredith Heil
Women Make Movies
115 W. 29th Street, Suite 1200