IGALA website down - 'like' us on Facebook

Holly Cashman holly.cashman at UNH.EDU
Tue Jun 25 18:07:12 UTC 2013

Dear subscribers,

Due to on-going problems with the current IGALA website, which is now seriously out-of-date and not able to be updated, we encourage all IGALA members and everyone interested in research on gender, language and sexuality to 'LIKE' us on Facebook. The IGALA Facebook page will serve as an interim site for association information (e.g. by-laws and policies), as well as a tool for the dissemination of news and updates, while we secure a new domain and design a new website for IGALA.

You can find the IGALA Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/InternationalGenderandLanguageAssociationIGALA

We realize that this is not an ideal situation because not everyone uses Facebook; it is an interim measure, and we hope to announce a new IGALA website soon. In the very near future, you will also be able to see news and updates about the upcoming conference, IGALA8 in Vancouver, BC (Canada), 5-7 June 2014 at the conference website.

You can find the IGALA8 website, which will soon be live, at: www.igala8.com

Of course, all membership services and journal information can still be found at the Gender & Language page on the Equinox Publishing site.

The Gender & Language (Equinox) site can be found at: www.equinoxpub.com/journals/index.php/GL/membership

Best wishes,
Holly Cashman
IGALA Advisory Board (Communications & Media)