WMM Special Offer | NO JOB FOR A WOMAN Broadcast Premiere!

Women Make Movies Educate educate at WMM.COM
Thu Mar 21 21:43:08 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I am writing from Women Make Movies, the non-profit distributor of films by and about women, to let you know about our **special offer**.

This Wednesday, March 20, marked NO JOB FOR A WOMAN’s first public broadcast on the WORLD channel. To celebrate, Women Make Movies is offering 20% off when you order the title with Promo Code NOJOBLS13. I am posting more info on the film and additional screenings below. Please let me know if you have any questions and thank you for your support!

Catch additional broadcasts on Sunday, March 24, 1 pm and 7 pm ET. (Check local listings.)

NO JOB FOR A WOMAN <http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/pages/c820.shtml>

"An involving documentary...this compelling title offers insight into the era and contributions of women journalists."
Booklist

This award-winning documentary, narrated by Emmy® Award winner Julianna Margulies, tells the colorful story of how three tenacious war correspondents forged their now legendary reputations during the war - when battlefields were considered no place for a woman.

When World War II broke out, reporter Martha Gellhorn was so determined to get to the frontlines that she left husband Ernest Hemingway, never to be reunited. Ruth Cowan's reporting was hampered by a bureau chief who refused to talk to her. Meanwhile, photojournalist Dickey Chapelle wanted to get so close to the action that she could feel the bullets whizzing by. The repeated efforts to push these women to the sidelines might have forced them to cover the "woman's angle," but the obstacles also allowed them to expand the focus of war coverage to a new kind of story: a personal look at the cost of war.

The recent Emmy® nominated HBO film "Hemingway and Gellhorn" has sparked a special interest in Martha Gellhorn's story. NO JOB FOR A WOMAN tells not only the real triumphs and tragedies of Gellhorn's life but also those of her fellow heroic women war correspondents.

View Trailer here <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7URa8fJFCo>
Purchase film here <http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/pages/c820.shtml>

You can also email orders at wmm.com or call 212.925.0606, x360. Offer ends April 30, 2013. Applies only to institutions, public libraries, K-12 schools and community groups - no home video. Cannot be combined with any other offer.

GENERAL ORDERING INFORMATION

All orders must be accompanied by an institutional purchase order or Prepayment. Payment may be made by institutional check, money order, or Visa, MasterCard and AMEX.

Women Make Movies * 462 Broadway #500LS * NY, NY * 10013 *
orders at wmm.com
Tel: 212.925.0606 x360

Sincerely,

Liane Costello
Women Make Movies
462 Broadway, Suite 500
New York, NY 10013
212-925-0606
www.wmm.com

Since 1972, Women Make Movies has changed the landscape for women filmmakers around the world. Our catalog of over 550 films includes Academy®, Emmy®, Sundance and Peabody Award nominees and winners. In addition, our films have been broadcast on HBO, Showtime, Discovery, PBS and more. The Production Assistance Program helps women filmmakers with fiscal sponsorship and guidance on production from concept to completion.